About Me

Lead a simple life with a complicated mind. Thank you for being part of my life by reading my stories.

Friday, July 22, 2011

Quali vs Quanty

Assalamualaikum

Today we had a sharing session with Prof Ramayah on the Quantitative Analysis. This sharing session was organized by the VMPGA, the Victoria Malaysian Postgraduates Association particularly for the PhD and research students. I was at the session today not as the participants but I was asked to join the committee members organizing the session. I wan invited to be the Asst. Secretary of the association. Well of course I said YES. My passion in getting involve with societies and clubs is always there. And whenever possible I'll make sure I will get myself involved. 

My research will not use any of the tools discussed today since my work is all about Lab Lab Lab! But I give my eyes and ears to the session at least for few minutes to get the basic understanding of it for my sister. As least I have something to discuss with her about her research topic. 

Qualitative data VS Quantitative data. Which one is better? Well, I don't know. haahaha.. Don't ask me. Ask something about DNA band on gel electrophoresis or protein band on SDS PAGE I can answer that. There have been debates going around of which method is better. It doesn't matter which method we choose to use as long as the data is enough to answer the research question, research topic and doubts. If all of these questions answered, walla there you go, EXCELLENT! No doubt you can be awarded the honorary Degree and get yourself to be called a Dr. 

SMILE. heh.

No comments:

Post a Comment